What’s happening today!
27 October, 2021, 6:10 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
Cloudy periods with brief showers and possible afternoon or evening thunderstorms over eastern and interior parts of larger islands [Viti Levu and Vanua Levu], Kadavu, Lau and Lomaiviti group.
Elsewhere, fine apart from possible isolated afternoon or evening showers and thunderstorms. Moderate to fresh easterly winds. Moderate to rough seas.
Outlook for Thursday : Cloudy with brief showers over the eastern parts of the larger islands [Viti Levu and Vanua Levu] and Lau and Lomaiviti group.
Fine apart from possible afternoon or evening showers and thunderstorms elsewhere.
COVID-19 daily press briefing
- The Permanent Secretary of Health and Medical Services will issue an updated statement every night – this can be accessed via the Fijian Government FB page.
- Stay alert and monitor radio announcements and check the Government’s Facebook page to get the updated schedule of the mobile vaccination teams in your communities.
Check out what’s popular on Netflix.
- Squid Game
- Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
- The Chestnut Man
- Where Stars Land
- The Core
- Blade Runner 2049
- SAS: Rise of the Black Swan
- House of Wax
- Upcoming Summer
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.