Moce Sitiveni, RIP
19 November, 2015, 12:00 am
FORMER photographer of this newspaper Sitiveni Moce was laid to rest at the Nasinu Cemetery yesterday by close family members and members of the media fraternity.
The happy-go-lucky and witty Siti, as he was fondly known, had been bedridden since last November.
In Parliament on Tuesday, Opposition Whip Ratu Isoa Tikoca paid tribute to Moce, who suffered injuries in an encounter with soldiers in 2007 in the aftermath of the 2006 military coup.
“I also join my colleagues in paying tribute to the veteran journalist, the late Sitiveni Moce, Siti who was taken by soldiers to the Queen Elizabeth Barracks in 2007 and had never recovered from injuries he sustained at the camp,” Mr Tikoca said.
He suffered injuries in the course of his duties during the coups of 2000 and 2006.
He died at his home in Davuilevu last week.
Wife Adi Miliakere Kaukitoga said her husband’s last words to her were to look after their only son Jone Ketebaca. She described Siti as a great man who loved life.
She added Siti became seriously ill in 2010 and in February this year had an operation but infection had spread quickly.
Moce had worked for the three dailies, The Fiji Times, Fiji Sun and the Fiji Daily Post.