EFL shuts power to Nasinu and Nakasi area to allow trenching work
24 January, 2021, 2:57 pm
Residents in the greater Nasinu and Nakasi areas are experiencing power outage today as Energy Fiji Limited shuts down supply to allow Water Authority of Fiji workers to carry out trenching work to repair an underground burst water main pipe.
In a statement issued today, EFL chief executive officer Hasmukh Patel said the authority had requested EFL to provide assistance to secure a power pole at Laqere Bridge that was in close proximity to the work site.
He said repair works would involve digging and exposing water mains located near EFL’s power pole.
“Therefore, in order to ensure safety of personnel carrying out the repair works in the vicinity, members of the public and to secure the power pole via a crane, the power supply will be shut down from 9am to 1pm today (Sunday, January 24, 2021),” Mr Patel said.
This will affect power supply to customers residing in the following areas:
- Part of Kings Road from Laqere Bridge to Omkaar Road junction,
- Whole of Narere Road,
- Muanikoso Road,
- Manuluva Circle,
- Vatuloka Place,
- Tavaga Lane,
- Kaicaca Lane,
- Vatudina Road including all side roads and part of Beaumont Road from Kings Road junction to Vatoa Road junction,
- FNTC Road including all side Roads,
- Mobile Police Camp,
- WAF Laqere Sewerage Pump,
- Makoi Total Service Station,
- Narere Primary School, and
- all residential and commercial customers residing in nearby areas.
WAF teams were scheduled to carry out the burst main repair works from 9am.